Indian business visa for Chinese citizens, the rules are getting tougher. International travel may be slowly restarting but there are new travel regulations to be followed. In the latest set of guidelines issued for business visas, the Indian government has announced certain provisions for Chinese nationals.
The new business visa norms bring Chinese nationals on par with citizens from Prior Referral Category countries like Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
There are currently 33 countries on this list. The overhaul of the visa regulations have been made in light of travel restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Indian Business Visa For Chinese Nationals – The New Norms
The new norms introduced for Chinese nationals include:
- As with citizens from other countries on the Prior Referral category list, Chinese citizens will not be eligible for multiple-entry tourist visas for 5-year periods.
- They will have to report to the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) if they stay, in a calendar year, for more than 180 days.
- Chinese citizens on a tourist visa should have a gap of at least 2-months between consecutive visits to India.
When Can Chinese Nationals Be Granted Business Visas?
There are three categories under which Chinese nationals can be granted business visas. These visas may be valid for a maximum of 6 months at a stretch.
- single-entry visa for 60 days may be granted to individuals who do not have an invitation letter but have a letter of request from an authorized Chinese organization.
- Single-entry B visas, short-term, may be awarded to individuals who do not have any proof but are cleared by Indian missions abroad.
- These visas are valid for a maximum of 60 days.
- 6-month multiple-entry B visas may be granted to applicants who hold a valid invitation letter from an Indian organization. The maximum length of stay permitted on each visit is 90-days.
Business visas may be extended on a case-to-case basis and merit by the FRRO.
- New Visa Rules for Indian Passport Holders
- Traveling To India During Lockdown – Can You Come To India?
- Traveling From India In Transport Bubbles