Will there be 9 million skilled job vacancies in the USA in the near future? There has been a huge rise in demand for tech positions in the USA. The USA however has not been successful in creating enough skilled professional degree holders to fill in these positions.
The best solution to fill in this current gap would be to expand and encourage skilled worker immigration to this country. This will in turn add to the development of new businesses and overall growth of the country’s economy.
Unless the US takes necessary measures to fill in the scarcity of high-skilled employees the following situations can be expected.
- The country could end up having more than 9 million vacancies for jobs over the coming decade.
- Over $1.2 trillion in lost production can also be expected within this period.
These findings are based on a report published by a network of tech CEOs.
What Can Be Done To Create Skilled Job Vacancies In The USA?
Since the US has failed miserably in producing the required number of skilled professionals they need to look into other ways by which they can minimize the current gap for skilled workers.
- Expanding immigration for high-skilled professionals can help to fill in this gap for skilled professionals
- The development of new businesses can be made possible through high-skilled immigration
- This can lead to the overall economic growth of the country
Immigration to the US has brought about several positive outcomes and has added to the overall growth of the economy over the years. However, there has been no change in the guidelines attached to H-1B visas during the last 14 years.
Even though educational reformation is crucial in removing the shortage of skilled degree holders this is a long-term investment. To meet the current shortage of skilled professional workers the United States of America needs to welcome highly talented skilled immigrants along with their families.
Their knowledge and expertise will work for the overall growth and development of the US economy. This is based on a statement put forth by the CEO of TechNet Ms. Linda Moore.
Skilled Job Vacancies In The USA And The Skill Gap
According to the latest data the US has over 10 million job openings all across the country. Currently, there are more than 7 million people in the US who remain unemployed. Finding skilled workers seems to be an almost impossible task for companies currently. TechNet has come up with these findings in another report.
- Skill gap within the company has been reported by more than 64% of employers in the US
- Productivity could be brought down by 51% in case they fail in minimizing the current skill gap
- The skill gap could reduce innovation by 43%
- The overall economic growth could be could go down to 42%
This is based on a report published by TechNet. The data from this report show that skilled workers’ immigration is not going to affect the current jobs of employees in the USA. Besides, the immigration of skilled workers will boost the employment and earning capacity of American employees.
The US used to be the top choice earlier when it came to the world’s best and brilliant innovators seeking a destination for their business organizations. However, the outdated system of immigration has brought about a change in that situation.
The tech companies are turning to immigrant-friendly nations like Canada that are welcoming towards migrants who are highly qualified and skilled. These countries are quite flexible with these companies which adds to the overall growth and prosperity of the company.
This is according to a statement made by Ms. Zoe Lofgren Congresswoman, chairperson (House of Immigration and Citizenship Subcommittee).
To bring about a change in this current situation the US needs to consider the following.
- Immigration laws and regulations need to be amended
- Founders of tech startup companies need to be granted a stronger and reliable visa to the US
- This will help to create more employment opportunities for the Americans
- Overall economic growth and stability can be expected
According to Ms. Zoe Lofgren successfully implementing the above-mentioned suggestions will once again make the USA the topmost choice for the coming generation of employers all over the world.
- Top 8 Loans For Immigrants In The USA
- Immigrants Contribution To US Innovations Since 1974
- What Is The Salary Needed To Buy A Home In The USA