Following the WHO’s announcement of COVID-19 being a pandemic, the USA has also announced travel restrictions to Europe to keep the disease from spreading. Here is everything you should know about President Trump’s Europen travel ban.
Initially, travel was restricted only for people coming to the USA from China. This was the first federally mandated quarantine in more than 50 years.
Now, travel has been disallowed for all people from Europe as well. This suspension will be in effect for the 30 days from March 13th, 2020 till April 13th, 2020. They will be adjusted depending on the conditions on the ground.
American citizens who have undergone required medical screenings will be exempt from these travel restrictions.
Trump’s COVID-19 Travel Ban Extended To The UK And Ireland
Trump’s Europe travel ban was not applicable to people travelling to the USA from the UK until March 16th. As of March 16th, the travel ban to the UK and Ireland will come to force. However, US citizens can enter the country from anywhere in the world.
Prohibitions have also been placed on trade between the USA and COVID-19 affected countries and cargo coming into the USA from these countries.
Trump’s Europe Travel Ban – Screening and Treatment
The US government recently brought in a law an $8.3 billion funding bill to help government agencies and the CDC fight the Coronavirus through vaccines, distribution of medical supplies and treatment.
Meetings have been held between the government and the health insurance agency to waive co-payment for all coronavirus treatment and extend insurance coverage to treatment needed against this virus.
Other Coronavirus Advisories
To keep the infection from spreading, the government has also advised:
- Suspension of all medically non-essential visits for the elderly in nursing homes.
- Avoidance of all unnecessary travel in crowded areas for older Americans
- Temporary closure of schools as needed
- Social distancing and reducing the occurrence of large gatherings
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing personal space
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- Cover the mouth and face while sneezing or coughing
Financial Support For Affected Businesses
In his address to the nation, President Trump announced that the Small Business Administration has been instructed to provide liquidity and capital to all firms affected by the coronavirus.
Economic loans at low-interest rates will also be provided to affected territories and states to overcome temporary economic disruptions.
In addition, tax payments have been deferred without penalty or interest for individuals and businesses that have been negatively affected by the virus.
- COVID 19 Travel Restrictions Issued By India – Key Points
- Corona Travel Tips – Stay Safe
- Coronavirus Travel Restrictions And Border Shutdowns – A country-Wise List
- Trump Travel Ban – Not Everyone Is Welcome To The USA
- COVID-19 – Visa Freeze By US Embassy In India And Its Effect On IT Sector
- COVID 19 Home Quarantine Guidelines