To visit the Kingdom of Cambodia as a tourist a visitor will require a tourist visa. The Cambodia tourist visa is also known as T visa. This visa has a validity of 3 months starting from the date of its issue. The length of stay for a visitor with a tourist visa in Cambodia is limited to 30 days. It is a single entry visa and can be used to enter Cambodia only once.
Depending on the nationality of the visitor the Cambodia tourist visa can be obtained either in advance or on arrival at the airport immigration desk or at the immigration check-point at the border of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
Eligibility Criteria for Cambodia Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Cambodia tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport with at least two blank pages for Cambodia visa regulations to be completed
- Your passport must be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of your entry into Cambodia
- You must provide a copy of your completed visa application form
- You must provide a copy of your return air ticket to and from Cambodia
- You intend to leave Cambodia at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to Follow to Apply for Cambodia Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Cambodia tourist visa check the processing time required for the visa to be issued. You can apply for Cambodian visa online too. It is known as Cambodian electronic visa or e-visa. Remember that the validity and length of stay allowed in Cambodia is same for general tourist visa and e-visa.
Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form
Obtain the tourist visa application form from the Embassy of Cambodia or the Consular office of Cambodia in your country or you can download the Visa Application Form online.
For e-visa you can apply online at Cambodia e-visa.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the tourist application form carefully. Do not forget to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a checklist of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old. You will need to submit two copies of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Check the visa application fee
Check the fees required for your visa application. Keep the fee ready for submission along with your visa application form. Remember to check the mode of payment accepted for the visa application by the Embassy of Cambodia located in your home country.
For e-visa you can pay online using a valid credit card.
Step 6: Submit your visa application form
Submit your completed visa application form at the Cambodian Consulate nearest to you, along with all the required documentation.
Step 7: Pay required visa application fee
Pay the applicable fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued, you will be notified regarding the issuance. Collect your visa on time from the Cambodian Consulate at the scheduled time notified to you.
In case you apply for an e-visa, you will get your visa online after 3 business days.
Required Fees for Cambodia Tourist Visa
Fees for Cambodia tourist visa for visitors above 12 years of age – USD 30 (INR 1,907.23)
Fees for Cambodia tourist e-visa issued online by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MFAIC) of Cambodia for visitors above 12 years of age – USD 30 + Processing Fee of USD 7 = Total USD 37 (INR 2,352.25)
Fees for Cambodia tourist visa issued on arrival at a point-of-entry into Cambodia – USD 30 (INR 1,907.23)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for a tourist visa is refused or rejected for any reason.
- The visa fee is exempted for children under 12 years of age if they are traveling with their parents.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Cambodia Tourist Visa
In case you want to stay longer in Cambodia than the duration granted in your visa, you will have to apply for an extension. You can extend your tourist visa for a maximum period of 30 days against the payment of a visa extension fee of USD 45 (INR 2,860.84).
Remember that Cambodia tourist visa can be extended only once. If you already hold an extended Cambodian tourist visa and would want to further extend your stay in Cambodia, you will have to first make an exit and re-enter Cambodia after applying for and obtaining a fresh tourist visa.
Cambodia tourist visa cannot be extended online. You can apply for tourist visa extension at the Cambodian National Police Immigration Department, Ministry of Interior.
Note that you will have to pay a fine of USD 5 (INR 317.87) per day if you remain inside the territory of the Kingdom of Cambodia after your visa expires.
Cambodia Tourist Visa Exemption
The Kingdom of Cambodia exempts the citizens of several countries from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the country. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries for Cambodia:
|Laos||People's Republic of China||Peru|
|Philippines||Republic of Korea||Russia|
Dos and Don’ts for Cambodia Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Cambodia tourist visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa at least 3 weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Cambodia Consulate
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application