New Zealand has emerged as a top destination for Indian students who are interested in pursuing higher education from a foreign university. New Zealand witnessed a rapid increase in the number of Indian students in its university campuses last year as compared to the year before.
In 2014 the figure for Indian students studying in New Zealand stood at more than 20,000. This is an increase of over 67 per cent of the number of Indian students who had enrolled for courses in the universities of New Zealand in the previous year. This fact was revealed by the High Commissioner of New Zealand to India, Grahame Morton.
Reasons for New Zealand emerging as the preferred choice of Indian students
There are several reasons that make New Zealand the preferred destination for higher education by Indian students. Some of the reasons are:
- New Zealand has some of the best universities in the world
- The quality of education is quite high
- The environment is safe for international students to pursue education
- The country also provides several lifestyle and recreation options for students
- New Zealand offers various scholarship programs for Indian students
- Easy visa regulations for students who wish to pursue higher education from New Zealand
- New Zealand student visa holders are provided with 20 hours’ work permit during their term and full term work permit during holidays
- Partners of post-graduate students are qualified to apply for visa to join them onshore
Introduction of easy visa regulations to attract international students
New Zealand has been running various innovative campaigns in order to establish itself as an education destination among Indian students. In order to attract international students New Zealand has introduced some easy visa regulations for students.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has introduced online immigration facilities. Students no longer have to bother with paper applications and manual processing or visiting physical offices in order to apply for New Zealand student visa.
New Zealand is also providing e-medical facility that enables physicians to submit the health certificates of visa applicants online.
Popular courses among Indian students studying in New Zealand
New Zealand has a number of reputed universities that provide graduate and post graduate courses in various disciplines. The most popular courses for Indian students studying in New Zealand are management and accounting. Indian students also prefer courses in IT and engineering, aviation training, agricultural studies, food technology and business studies.
As the education system in New Zealand focuses on excellence, creativity and innovation, Indian students become work-ready. Due to the work permit, they get a chance to gather first world business experience while they are still studying.
- Types Of New Zealand Visa
- What Is The Cost Of Living In New Zealand?
- Tax Filing In New Zealand For International Students – A Comprehensive Guideline
- How to Migrate to New Zealand as a Student, Professional and Entrepreneur