Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa is applicable to an individual who wishes to visit Dubai/UAE for recreational purposes. It is a single-entry short stay visa that is granted for the purpose of temporary visits only. Dubai/UAE Tourist Visas are granted for a maximum period of 30 days only.
Tourist visas in Dubai/UAE require the sponsorship of hotels and tour operators. This means, tourist visas can be prearranged on your behalf by licensed hotels, airlines, travel-agents or through other travel related or tourism companies based in the UAE. Citizens belonging to one of the ‘visa on arrival’ countries do not require a tourist visa to enter the Emirates.
Eligibility Criteria for Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa
Dubai or UAE is considered to be among the most hassle-free nations in case of visas. To obtain a tourist visa to visit Dubai/UAE, you will be required to fulfil the following conditions:
- You will be required to provide a current and valid passport with at least six months of validity after your intended travel date to Dubai/UAE.
- You should have enough empty pages in your passport.
- You will have to provide a copy of confirmed round trip tickets for your visit.
- You may be required to provide information regarding your itinerary and details about where you intend to stay during your visit to the Emirates.
Steps to follow to apply for Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa
To avail a Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa, you will be required to follow the procedure mentioned below:
Step 1: Fill the tourist visa application form
You need to fill the application form online for Dubai/UAE tourist visa. The application form is available online and you can launch it by clicking on the link here. Carefully fill up the form after reading the instructions thoroughly.
Step 2: Affix proper photograph for the application form
You will be required to provide your photograph for the application. You may download the form and affix the required photograph. You may also scan and upload your photo. Ensure that the photograph you provide is as per the required specifications.
Step 3: Print your application form
Make sure that your application is complete in all respect. You will be required to take a print out of the filled-in online application form. Put your signature at the specified location on the printed application form. Remember that incomplete applications are not accepted.
Step 4: Provide supporting documents for your visa application
Attach all the supporting documents required for your tourist visa application for Dubai/UAE.
Step 5: Submit your application form
Submit your application form at the UAE Visa Processing Centre along with the applicable fees in cash or through a bank demand draft.
Step 6: Check the status of your visa application
You can check the status of your visa application form online. Once your application for visa is approved the visa copy will be sent to the designated email id as mentioned in the Visa Application Form or you may be required to collect the same from the visa application processing centre.
Required Fees for Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa
- Fees for Short Term Tourist Visa – AED 333 (INR 5,543.4)
- Security Deposit (Refundable) – AED 1000 (INR 16,646.95)
- Or, Pay extra AED 100 (INR 1,664.6) to waive off the security deposit
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your visa application is refused.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates which may change.
List of countries eligible for Visa-on-arrival for Dubai/UAE
Citizen of the countries below mentioned can obtain 30 days visit visa on arrival at any border entry point to the UAE simply by presenting their passport at passport control. This list includes all the 28 countries in the EU. Such a visa is provided free of cost. This visa can be extended for another 30 days at an additional cost.
|NAME OF THE COUNTRIES|
|Switzerland||United Kingdom||United States of America|
In addition to citizens of the countries listed above, citizens of the Gulf Co-operation Council or GCC nations of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are eligible for the visa on arrival and do not require a prearranged visa to travel to the UAE.
Dos and Don’ts for Dubai/UAE Tourist Visa Application
There are a few dos and don’ts that you should remember while applying for Dubai/UAE tourist visa.
- Apply for your visa at least 4-7 days prior to your arrival in the UAE
- Fill your online application form with correct information.
- After your visa is approved, print the visa copy and upon arrival at the airport you may show the copy at the passport control section.
- Do not submit false documents in support of your application
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application
- Do not purchase your travel tickets prior to a decision being made on your visa application. If you have to purchase tickets then book refundable tickets for your journey.