Planning to apply for permanent residency or PR Visa? Here is the list of 10 countries getting a permanent residency is comparatively easy.
Most of us have wondered about relocating to a new country at one point in our lives or another. The reasons could be anything from seeking a better standard of living or a good lifestyle to ensuring a bright future for ourselves and our family or getting a better-paid job in your field. The process of immigration is not easy unless you are financially well-off or you have the desired skills and expertise required by that particular country to which you intend to migrate.
Several nations offer a wide range of immigration programs for individuals and families. The easiest way to migrate to another country is to get an employment visa or a student visa. Securing a job in your particular area of expertise and obtaining a work visa will permit you to stay in that country for a longer period. However, the validity of the visa will be for a particular period after which you’ll have to renew it.
If you intend to settle in that country you can consider applying for a PR visa. The length of your stay in that nation is one of the major factors that decide if you qualify to apply for permanent residency.
It’s not simple and easy for Indians to get a PR to most of the nations. But there are certain countries in which you’ll find it easier to obtain permanent residency when compared to the others. Let’s take a look at some of the nations where it’s easier to get a PR visa.
List Of Countries To Get PR Visa Easil
Apply for permanent residency in Greece if you are looking to live in a different country. It would not be difficult if you are well-off financially. All you are required to do is to buy a property in Greece that is worth a minimum of 250,000 Euros.
This makes you as well as your family eligible for a PR visa. The validity is for 5 years and as long as you hold a property in Greece you have the right to renew this visa.
Getting a PR in Greece gives you and your family the right to travel to any other Schengen nation freely. Besides, you don’t need to spend any time in this country after getting a PR visa.
The Republic of Paraguay is another country to which you can immigrate easily if you have good financial stability. The country has two schemes for foreign nationals looking for a PR visa.
- Investment Visa
- Retirement Scheme
You can get a PR easily under these schemes and will be granted citizenship in the future as well.
To be granted a permanent residency status through the investment scheme you need to satisfy any one of the following requirements.
- Establish an organization with a minimum investment of $5,000
- Buy a minimum of 10 hectares of land in Paraguay
- Invest a minimum amount of $5,500 in a bank account in this country (Paraguayan Central Bank)
You’ll be granted a permanent residency within 3 months of investing. You can get citizenship within 3 years as well. However, to get citizenship you must have traveled to this country at least once in those 3 years.
You can obtain PR status through the retirement scheme in Paraguay by giving proof that you have a minimum monthly income of $1,300.
3. New Zealand
New Zealand is another country that is easy for Indians to migrate to if they satisfy certain requirements. This country has two different programs for foreign nationals seeking permanent residence status.
- Skilled Migration Program
- Entrepreneur Resident Visa
To qualify for the Skilled Migration Program you are required to satisfy certain criteria including the following.
- Below 55 years of age
- Highly skilled in your field
- Sufficient work experience
- Lived in New Zealand for a minimum of 2 years
You are eligible to apply for PR if you satisfy the criteria mentioned under the Skilled Migration Program.
To qualify for an Entrepreneur Resident Visa you need to satisfy the following.
- You are self-employed
- Have excellent financial stability
- Aspire to set up a business in New Zealand
Situated in Central America, Panama is one country where you can easily get a PR visa. Depending on how you choose to apply for PR in this country it may not even be mandatory for you to have stayed in the country or own a property there. You can consider applying for a PR in the following situations.
- You’ve lived there for a minimum of 5 years
- You’ve invested a prescribed sum of money in Panama
- You are getting married to a citizen in Panama
- You are a retiree drawing a minimum pension of $1,000 every month.
This country has a visa program called the Panama Pensionado Visa Program which is the quickest way to obtain permanent residency status in this country. You can apply for PR under this program by satisfying the following criteria.
- You are over 18 years of age
- You have a guaranteed pension for a lifetime
- You have a minimum monthly income of $1000
- You have a minimum monthly income between $750 and $999 and own a property in Panama worth a minimum of $100,000
- The application for PR must be processed in Panama
- This must be done through an attorney in Panama
Belize is a Caribbean nation situated in Central America. This is another nation where it’s easier for Indians to get a PR visa. To qualify for a PR visa to this country the applicant must meet certain requirements put forth by the immigration authorities.
- You are getting married to a citizen of Belize
- You’ve successfully cleared a health examination
- Proof of financial stability
- Must have stayed a minimum of 1 year in Belize (Must not have left the country for more than 14 days during that year)
Hungary, situated in Central Europe permits foreigners to apply for a PR visa provided they fulfill certain requirements.
- You can apply for permanent residency in Hungary if you’ve lived in the country for 3 years
- You must not have left the country for more than 3 months (90 days) during these 3 years
- Marrying a Hungarian citizen makes you eligible to apply for PR within a year of your stay in Hungary
Known to be one of the safest of all nations to live in, Canada is an immigrant-friendly nation. This is also one of the easiest countries to migrate to because the country’s population is quite small compared to the huge landmass. Canada has several programs to attract immigrants from all over the world.
To attract youth from all over the world Canada offers the International Experience Canada Program. Under this program, you can get a work visa for 2 years. To apply you must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
Canada has always had a huge shortage of labor and they continue to seek immigrants to fill up those shortages. Being hired by a Canadian employer and getting a temporary work permit allows a foreign national to work in Canada. Once you’ve completed two years of working in Canada you become eligible to convert your work permit to Canada Immigration Permanent Residency.
You can obtain this PR status through the following immigration programs.
- Canadian Experience Class Program
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
However, the most popular Canadian immigration program is the:
- Express Entry Scheme
A point-based system regulates the Express Entry program and to qualify for this scheme:
- You must have enough experience in your area of specialization
- You must have a high level of competence
8. South Africa
South Africa is another nation that Indians can consider migrating to as the process of getting PR is quite easier compared to most of the countries.
- You can apply for PR in South Africa once you’ve completed 5 consecutive years of stay
- Based on the immigration rules in this country you must not be an ‘undesirable person’ to apply for PR
- Your criminal records should be clean
- Good medical and health certificates
Compared to the other countries in Europe the cost of living in Montenegro is quite low. As a result, the country is gaining more popularity among foreigners who wish to migrate to Europe. The easiest way to relocate to this country would be to apply for a work visa.
This country offers 2 different types of residence permits to foreigners who wish to migrate to this country.
- Temporary Residence Permit
- Permanent Residence Permit
A Temporary Residence Permit has the following conditions attached to it.
- The validity of this permit is for 12 months
- You have to renew the permit every single year
You get a temporary residence permit when you buy a property in Montenegro.
- This permit must be renewed year after year
- You can continue to renew the permit as long as you hold ownership of that property
You can choose to apply for permanent residency in the following situations.
- You’ve been living in Montenegro for more than 5 years
- You are married to a citizen of Montenegro
- If you are married to a Montenegrin citizen you can apply for a PR after 3 years
Montenegro has an investment program to give citizenship to immigrants. To be a part of this program you must –
- Invest a minimum of $350,000 in this country
The Oriental Republic of Uruguay is a South American nation. This is yet another country where it’s quite easy for foreign nationals including Indians to get a permanent residency status. Compared to most other nations the conditions to get a PR in this country is not too complicated.
To apply for a PR to Uruguay the applicant doesn’t need to have lived in this country for a certain period. Once you’ve applied for PR the processing time required could be anywhere from 1-2 years. During this time the applicant must be residing in this country. Some of the other requirements are:
- The applicant must have a clean criminal history
- Good health records
- Proof of finance(That she/he will be able to sustain themselves in the country)
The applicant doesn’t need to make investments within Uruguay to apply for PR. After getting PR the individual must visit this country at least once in three years. Only then can she/he maintain permanent residency status.
The procedures for applying for a permanent residency in a particular country will vary depending on your nationality. This means it’s important that you learn about all the requirements put forth by that nation where you wish to migrate to. You can do this by logging on to their official website for immigration.
A PR visa allows you to stay in another country without losing your citizenship in your native land. Once you get a PR you can enjoy most of the rights given to a citizen as well as tax benefits. However, you will not have the right to vote or apply for positions in the government.
- 9 Countries Indians Can Easily Get Permanent Residency
- How to Apply For Australian Permanent Residency
- Everything You Need to Know About the EU Blue Card
- 16 Countries Offering Citizenship Through Investment