A foreign student who wants to pursue an academic course or program in Israel will have to obtain the Israel student visa, also known as A/2 Student Visa. This student visa is granted to those who want to study in the elementary and high schools, academic institutions and yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency.
The Israel student visa is valid for up to one year. It is a multiple entry and exit visa and it does not grant the recipient the permission to work in Israel.
Eligibility criteria for Israel student visa
To be eligible for Israel student visa you must fulfil the following conditions:
- You must provide the official letter of invitation issued by the educational institute in Israel. The letter must be signed by an institute representative.
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that exceeds the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must provide your original birth certificate
- You must have a copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- If you are a minor, you must provide signed permission from both parents.
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your entire period of study in Israel.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any kind of contagious diseases. You can check the vaccination requirements for travellers to Israel here.
- You intend to leave Israel at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to follow to apply for Israel student visa
You will have to apply at the Israel Embassy or Consulate for the student visa. After you check your eligibility for obtaining an Israel student visa, you can go ahead with the below mentioned procedure.
Step 1: Get the student visa application form
The first step of your visa application procedure is to obtain the student visa application form. You can download the form from the internet.
Step 2: Fill up the student visa application form
Carefully fill out the details required in the visa application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for student visa application
Prepare a check list of all the documents needed for submission along with your visa application form at the Israel Embassy or Consulate. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your student visa application
Make sure that you provide two recent colour photographs for your student visa application. Your photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
Step 5: Keep the visa application fee ready
Check out the latest visa application fee and the modes of accepting the fee at the Israel consulate or embassy where you intend to submit your visa application.
Step 6: Submit the student visa application
Submit your visa application form along with all the required documents and the necessary visa application fee at the Israel consulate or embassy.
Required fees for Israel student visa
Application fees for Israel student visa – EUR 38 (INR 2,563.90)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for student visa is refused or rejected for any reason.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Dos and Don’ts for Israel student visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Israel student visa.
- Apply for a student visa soon after you receive the official letter of acceptance from your hosting Israel educational institute
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Israel Embassy or Consulate
- Do not present false documents for your student visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application