To visit Mexico as a tourist a visitor will need to obtain a tourist visa. The Mexico tourist visa is valid for six months for single entry. The tourist visa can be extended for double or multiple entries in particular circumstances.
The Mexico tourist visa must be used within 90 days of issue.
Eligibility Criteria for Mexico Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Mexico tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 3 months
- You must have a copy of the completed visa application form
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Mexico and for your return transportation. Mexico requires visitors to have USD 50 (INR 3,169.22) per day for staying in Mexico
- You must provide a copy of your round-trip or tour ticket
- You must provide a formal statement of your financial situation from your bank for the previous 6 months
- You must show proof of having permanent residence in the country where your application is being made
- You intend to leave Mexico at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to follow to apply for Mexico Tourist Visa
Before you apply for a tourist visa to Mexico you must be aware of the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form
Obtain the visa application form from the Mexico Consulate in your country or you can download the Visa Application Form through the internet.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the visa application form carefully. Remember to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a check list of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old. You will need to submit two copies of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Check the visa application fee
Check the fees required for your visa application. Keep the fee ready for submission along with your visa application form. Remember to check the mode of payment accepted for the visa application by the Mexico Consulate located in your home country.
Step 6: Submit your visa application form
Submit your completed visa application form in person at the Mexico Consulate nearest to you, along with all the required documentation.
Step 7: Pay required visa application fee
Pay the applicable fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued, you will get an appointment to obtain your visa. Collect your visa on time.
Required Fees for Mexico Tourist Visa
Fees for Mexico tourist visa – USD 22 (INR 1,392.74)
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Mexico Tourist Visa
In case you want to stay longer in Mexico than the duration granted in your visa, you will have to apply for an extension. The Mexico tourist visa can be extended in particular circumstances. However, you must submit your application for visa extension 30 days prior to the expiration of your allocated visa. You will also have to show proof that you have sufficient economic resources to prolong your stay.
Mexico Tourist Visa Exemption
Mexico exempts the citizens of several countries (including all countries under European Union) and regions from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the country for a period varying from 30 days to 180 days. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries and regions for Mexico:
|British Indian Ocean Territory
|British Virgin Islands
|Territory of Cocos (Keeling)
|Trinidad and Tobago
|Turks & Caicos
|United States of America
|United Kingdom of Great Britain Republic
|U.S. Virgin Islands
|Wallis and Futuna Islands
Dos and Don’ts for Mexico Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Mexico tourist visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa at least 4 weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Mexico Consulate
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application
- How To Apply For Mexico Business Visa – The Only Guide You Need Read
- The TN Visa: Who Is Eligible And What do You Need?