A visitor who wishes to visit the Kingdom of Morocco for tourism may require a tourist visa depending on his or her nationality. A tourist visa is issued for a period of up to 90 days. In case a tourist wants to stay for more than 90 days in Morocco, he or she will require a resident permit to do so.
Eligibility Criteria for Morocco Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Morocco tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must provide a copy of your completed visa application form
- You must provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation, flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in Morocco
- You must provide a copy of your round-trip or tour ticket
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Morocco and for your return transportation.
- You must provide a formal statement of your financial situation from your bank that is less than 4 weeks old
- You must provide proof of your employment
- You must provide proof of having obtained travel insurance that covers the entire period of your trip to Morocco
- You intend to leave Morocco at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to follow to apply for Morocco Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Morocco tourist visa, check the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form
Obtain the visa application form from the Embassy of Morocco or the Moroccan Consulate in your country or you can download the Visa Application Form through the internet.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the application form carefully. Do not forget to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a check list of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old. You will need to submit two copies of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Check the visa application fee
Check the fees required for your visa application. Keep the fee ready for submission along with your visa application form. Remember to check the mode of payment accepted for the visa application by the Moroccan Embassy located in your home country.
Step 6: Submit your visa application form
Submit your completed visa application form either in person or through a representative at the Embassy of Morocco nearest to you, along with all the required documentation. You can also send your visa application through mail.
Step 7: Pay required visa application fee
Pay the applicable fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued you will be notified regarding the issuance. Collect your visa on time
Required Fees for Morocco Tourist Visa
- Fees for 3 to 90 days stay period in Morocco (one entry) – USD 22.21 (INR 1,412.83)
- Fees for 3 to 90 days stay period in Morocco (two entries) – USD 33.32 (INR 2,119.56)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for a tourist visa is refused or rejected for any reason.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Moroccan Tourist Visa
Visitors who intend to stay for more than 90 days in the Kingdom of Morocco must request a permission to extend the duration of their stay. They must make the request at the nearest Police Precinct to their place of residence in Morocco.
Moroccan Tourist Visa Exemption
The Kingdom of Morocco exempts the citizens of several countries (including all countries under European Union) from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the country for a period of up to 90 days. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries for Morocco:
|Canada||Chile||Republic of Congo|
|Greece||Guinea (Conakry)||Hong Kong|
|Monaco||The Netherlands||New Zealand|
|United Arab Emirates||United States of America||Venezuela|
|* Singaporean nationals may stay up to one month without visa in Morocco.|
Dos and Don’ts for Morocco Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Morocco tourist visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa at least 6 weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Embassy of Morocco
- Be prepared to submit any additional document required for your visa application
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application
- How To Get A Tourist Visa For Egypt?
- How to Apply for Lebanon Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for Dubai / UAE Tourist Visa
- Top 10 Countries Where You Can Immigrate and Settle Easily
- 9 Countries Indians Can Easily Get Permanent Residency
- How to Apply for Israel Tourist Visa