A visitor who wants to visit Israel for the purpose of tourism will have to obtain a tourist visa. It is a short stay visa and is known as B/2 visa. It is issued to people who want to visit Israel for the purpose of sightseeing, attending business meet or studying in an ulpan. This visa does not grant the right to the recipient to work in Israel.
B/2 visa is valid for a period of three months (90 days) from the date of issue. This visa can be extended if the visitor wishes to stay in Israel for more than the visiting period granted in his or her visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Israel Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Israel tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must have a completed and signed copy of the Israel tourist visa application form
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Israel and for your return transportation
- You must provide a copy of your round trip flight tickets
- You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any kind of contagious diseases. You can check the vaccination requirements for travellers to Israel here
- You must provide proof of having overseas travel medical insurance valid for Israel. The insurance has to cover you at least for USD 40000 (INR 2,549,001.60) or equivalent for all risks, e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation, repatriation, etc. The policy has to be valid for the entire duration of your trip to Israel, including the dates of your arrival and departure.
- You intend to leave Israel at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to Follow to Apply for Israel Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Israel tourist visa, go through the list of documents required for your visa application and the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the visa application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Download the visa application form
Obtain the visa application form from the Embassy of Israel in your country or you can download the Visa Application Form through the internet.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the application form carefully. Do not forget to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a check list of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide two passport size copies of your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Your photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
Step 5: Keep the visa application fee ready
Check out the latest visa application fee and the modes of accepting the fee at the Israel consulate or embassy where you intend to submit your visa application.
Step 6: Submit the visa application
Submit your visa application form along with all the required documents and the necessary visa application fee at your selected Israel consulate or embassy.
You can also submit your visa application through your travel agent or your representative. In case you send a representative to submit your visa application form, he or she must carry a photo id proof along with an authority letter signed by you.
Step 7: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued you can collect it personally by visiting the Israel visa application centre. You may also send a representative to collect the visa on your behalf. In this case also, your representative must carry a photo id proof along with an authority letter signed by you.
You may also have your passport couriered to your specified address. You can request this facility at the time of submitting your visa application and avail this service against the payment of an additional fee in cash.
Required Fees for Israel Tourist Visa
Application fees for Israel tourist visa – USD 23 (INR 1,465.68)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for tourist visa is refused or rejected for any reason.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Israel Tourist Visa
In case you want to stay longer in Israel than the duration granted in your visa, you will have to apply for an extension. You can submit an application for your visa extension at one of the regional population administration offices of the Ministry of the Interior.
Israel Tourist Visa Exemption
Israel exempts the citizens of several countries (including all countries under European Union) from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the nation for a period of up to three months. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries for Israel:
|NAME OF THE COUNTRIES|
|Central African Republic||Chile||Colombia|
|Dominican Republic||Ecuador||El Salvador|
|Romania||Russia||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Saint Lucia||Saint Vincent & the Grenadines||San Marino|
|Slovenia||South Africa||South Korea|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Ukraine||United Kingdom|
Dos and Don’ts for Israel Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Israel Tourist Visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa at least 3 weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Embassy of Israel
- Be prepared to show any additional document requested by the officers at the Embassy of Israel
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application