The India Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) allows tourists from 43 nations to visit India for the purpose of tourism, short-duration medical treatment, visit friends and relatives or casual business visits.
The India Tourist Visa on Arrival is granted for a maximum of 30 days. The TVoA can be availed twice a year by a tourist. This visa is also referred to as e-Visa to India.
Eligibility Criteria for India Tourist Visa on Arrival
In order to meet the eligibility criteria for obtaining India Tourist Visa on Arrival, you will need to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have a valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months
- You must have the financial resources required to pay for your expenses during your stay in India
- You must possess return ticket or onward journey ticket
- You plan to remain in India for a specific and limited period of time
- You intend to visit India with the sole objective of sightseeing, meeting friends and relatives, for short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- You intend to leave India at the end of your visit
- You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in India
- You do not pose a security risk
- You agree to abide by the laws of the land
Steps to follow to apply for e-Visa to India
A foreign tourist who is eligible for e-Visa to India can apply for the same by following the procedure mentioned below:
Step 1: Access online visa application form
Access the visa application form for India e-Visa online by clicking visa on arrival application.
Step 2: Check the document requirements
Check the requirements for the passport and photograph needed along with the application by clicking document requirements.
Step 3: Upload documents online
Upload the scanned first page of the passport and the required photograph along with the visa application.
Step 4: Pay e-visa fee online
Make payment for the visa fees online using either a debit card or a credit card by clicking e-visa processing fee.
Step 5: Receive the e-visa online
An electronic version of the visa or electronic travel authorization (ETA) will be delivered to your email id within the next 96 hours. You can track the status of your visa application online by clicking visa status.
Note: The TVoA is not available to Diplomatic or Official Passport Holders.
Required Fees for e-Visa to India
Tourist Visa on Arrival Fees for Single Entry – $60
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your visa application is refused or rejected.
- The fees mentioned above are excluding the interchange charge for credit/debit cards.
- The visa fees must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel filled in the application form, otherwise the application will not be processed.
Dos and Don’ts for India Tourist Visa on Arrival Application Online
You need to remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for India tourist visa on arrival online.
- Apply for a tourist visa online to India at least 4 days prior to your planned travel date with a window of 30 days
- Fill up your visa application form carefully with all accurate details
- Upload your recent photograph that matches the photo-requirements for the visa application
- Do not present false documents for your visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application
Remember the following things before you travel to India with an e-visa.
- Carry a copy of ETA at the time of your travel
- Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVoA) once issued on arrival is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas
- 1000% increase in tourists visiting India on e-visas in 2015
- List of Countries Exempted From Visa Obligations to Visit India
- International Travel – Why American Travelers are a Rarity?
- e-FRRO Services in India – No More Visits to Local FRRO Offices
- 15 Awesome Destinations That Issue Visa On Arrival to Indians
- New Visa Rules for Indian Passport Holders
- India’s Visa Policy Changes – Everything You Must Know