Bahrain tourist visa is a temporary visa that allows tourists to visit Bahrain for the purpose of tourism or sightseeing. Bahrain tourist visa is also known as Bahrain visit visa or visitor visa.
Except for the passport holders of the GCC States, all other visitors require a visa to enter the kingdom of Bahrain. The duration of tourist visa varies from 2 weeks to 4 weeks depending on the citizenship of the visitor.
Bahrain Visa on arrival
Bahrain allows visa on arrival at the airport to visitors from selected countries. Such visitors are required to possess a valid passport and an onward or return ticket. This facility is available to the citizens of:
- The European Union (EU)
- Australia, Canada
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- The USA
Such visas are issued for a period of two weeks.
Multiple-entry visit visa
The citizens of the below mentioned countries are allowed to apply for multiple-entry visit visas directly at their respective Bahrain embassy without the need for a sponsor:
Visitors from all other countries are required to pre-arrange for a visa through a sponsor before they can enter the kingdom of Bahrain.
Generally sponsorship can be offered by a travel agency, a registered hotel in Bahrain, the visitor’s embassy or the Directorate of Tourism at the Ministry of Information in Bahrain. Such visas are applied for a period of one month and are normally issued for a single visit.
Eligibility Criteria for Bahrain Tourist Visa
You are eligible for Bahrain tourist visa if you fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport with a validity for at least 6 months (Passport must be signed)
- You must possess one completed visa application form / e-visa application form
- You must have a copy your travel ticket or round trip travel itinerary
- You must have one passport-size photo taken within the last six months
- You must have proof of financial resources required to pay for your expenses while in Bahrain (such as recent bank statement, traveller’s cheque, etc.)
- You plan to remain in Bahrain for a specific and limited period of time
- You intend to leave Bahrain at the end of your visit
- You have no intention to seek or undertake employment while in Bahrain
- You must possess a letter explaining the reason for your visit and duration of stay
- You must possess a letter from your sponsor
Steps to follow to apply for Bahrain Tourist Visa
Bahrain allows for two kinds of visa application process: a standard visa application and an e-visa application. A visitor can apply for an e-visa online at the official link of eVisa Application for Bahrain. For a standard visa application in Bahrain the following steps are to be followed:
Step 1: Fill out the tourist visa application form
Carefully read the instructions and fill up the Bahrain tourist visa application form.
Step 2: Gather required documents
Assemble the required documents and a recent passport-size photograph, as required in the application form.
Step 3: Submit a letter detailing the reason for your visit
Submit a letter to the Head of Mission explaining the reasons for getting your visa.
Step 4: Submit the application form and required documents
Submit or send your application form along with the required documents and passport-size photograph to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bahrain to for approval.
Required Fees for Bahrain Tourist Visa
Fees required for Bahrain Visit eVisa is as follows:
- Fee for Visit eVisa – 25 BD (INR 4,080.21)
- Processing fee for Visit eVisa – 4 BD (INR 652.83)
- Total Fee for Visit eVisa – 29 BD (INR 4,733.05)
- Fee for availing Standard Tourist Visa – 22 BD (INR 3,590.59)
- Visa Extension Fee for one month – 25 BD (INR 4,080.21)
- In case your eVisa application is not approved, the visit visa fee will be refunded. However, you will not be refunded the processing fee for the Visit eVisa.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates which may change.
Bahrain tourist visa waiver program
As per the rules of Bahrain Tourist Visa Program, passport holders of Gulf Cooperation Council or GCC States are allowed to enter Bahrain without a visa. This means citizens of the following states are exempted from having a visa to enter Bahrain:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Extension of Bahrain tourist visa
Tourist visa or eVisa for Bahrain can be extended when you are in Bahrain. You must visit Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) for the formalities and pay the extension fee for extending your visa.
Dos and Don’ts for Bahrain Tourist Visa Application
- Do not present false documents for your visa
- Do not suppress, hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application
- How to Apply for Dubai / UAE Tourist Visa
- 10 Best Places To Visit in Dubai
- Getting Around Dubai – Transport Tips For Tourists