Tens of thousands of Indians have been stranded abroad since the lockdown began. This includes tourists, professionals, students and ship crew.
64 flights and 3 naval ships are being arranged to get over 15000 of these people to get back to the country as part of the first phase of the Vande Bharat Mission. All costs associated with the travel must be borne by the passenger.
Those who want to return home must first register themselves online on websites launched by local embassies. OCI cardholders will not be brought back to the country as part of this mission. Indians wanting to return should register themselves at the below websites.
Indians Stranded Abroad – Websites To Register For Return
- UAE: www.cgidubai.gov.in
- Saudi Arabia: Application Form
- Maldives: www.hci.gov.in/male/
- USA: www.indianembassyusa.gov.in
- UK: www.hcilondon.gov.in
- Singapore: www.hcisingapore.gov.in
- Philippines: www.eoimanila.gov.in/covid_register/
Air India Tariff
Booking for flights operating from May 8 to 14 is opened and below given is the tariff:
- COVID 19 Impact – Students Can Now Take TOEFL And GRE At Home
- COVID-19 And The US Immigration Ban: The Plight Of International Students And IT Professionals
- COVID-19 Impact On International Students In the USA
- OCI Cardholders Appeal To Be Included In Vande Bharat Mission