A visitor who wants to visit Lebanon for tourism needs to obtain a tourist visa. The tourist visa allows a visitor to enter and stay in Lebanon for a short duration of time. However, the tourist visa rule is not applicable to one of the visa exempt countries or one of the countries whose citizens are eligible for visa on arrival in Lebanon.
A visitor has to enter Lebanon within 90 days of the date of issue of the visa. A tourist visa is generally valid for a period of up to 3 months.
Eligibility Criteria for Lebanon Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Lebanon tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport with at least one unused page available for visa stamp
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- Your passport must not contain any evidence of your prior or intended travel to Israel
- You must provide a copy of the completed visa application form
- You must provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation, flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in Lebanon
- You must provide a copy of your onward or return ticket to your home country or next destination or a non-refundable re-tour ticket reservation
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Lebanon and for your return transportation
- You must provide a copy of your bank statements for the last 3 months
- If you are a minor or less than 18 years of age you must provide a travel consent letter signed by both parents or guardians
- You intend to leave Lebanon at the end of your authorized stay
Note: Lebanon tourist visa is not issued on passports bearing Israeli stamps, visas, or seals. This means that a Lebanese visa will be rendered invalid if your passport is subsequently stamped with an Israeli visa or seal.
Steps to follow to apply for Lebanon Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Lebanon tourist visa check the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
Step 1: Obtain the visa application form
Obtain the visa application form from the Lebanese Diplomatic Mission in your country of residence or you can download the application form from the internet and print it.
Step 2: Fill up the visa application form
Fill out the details required in the application form carefully. Do not forget to put your signature on your completed application form.
Step 3: Gather the required documents for visa application
Make a check list of the documents that you need to submit along with your application form. Gather all the documents and keep them ready for submission.
Step 4: Provide photograph for your visa application
Provide your recent colour photograph for the visa application. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs. In any case, your photograph must not be more than 6 months old. You will need to submit two copies of your passport photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Check the visa application fee
Check the fees required for your visa application. Keep the fee ready for submission along with your application form. Remember to check the mode of payment accepted for the application by the Lebanese Diplomatic Mission located in your country of residence.
Step 6: Submit your visa application form
Submit your completed visa application form at the Lebanese Diplomatic Mission in your country of residence, along with all the required documentation.
Step 7: Pay required visa application fee
Pay the applicable fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After your visa is issued collect it on time
Required Fees for Lebanon Tourist Visa
- Fees for Lebanon tourist visa for single entry – EUR 25 (INR 1,804.35)
- Fees for Lebanon tourist visa for multiple entries – EUR 50 (INR 3,608.71)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for a tourist visa is refused or rejected for any reason.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Lebanon Tourist Visa
In case you want to stay longer in Lebanon than the duration granted in your visa, you will have to apply for an extension. Generally an application for visa extension must be made at the nearest General Security office in Lebanon.
Lebanon Tourist Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival
Lebanon exempts the citizens of a few countries from obtaining a tourist visa to visit the country. The citizens of such nations can stay in Lebanon for up to 180 days without a visa. The following is the list of the visa-exempted countries for Lebanon:
|United Arab Emirates|
Citizens of the following nations may obtain a visa for Lebanon on arrival at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry, provided there is no Israeli visa or seal on their passport. The citizens of such nations can stay in Lebanon for up to 30 days, extendable up to 90 days. The following is the list of the visa on arrival countries for Lebanon:
|Andorra||Antigua and Barbuda||Argentina|
|Czech Republic||Denmark||Dominican Republic|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Samoa||San Marino|
Dos and Don’ts for Lebanon Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Lebanon tourist visa.
- Apply for a tourist visa at least 3 weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Lebanese Diplomatic Mission
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your application