- Companies sponsoring H1B visa petitions to pre-register online
- The move can save sponsoring companies a lot of money
- USCIS may make the H1B visa lottery more criteria driven and less random
Going for all the US H1B visa petitions must be applied online. Companies sponsoring H1B visa applicants will not have to pre-register online for the H1B visa lottery. Read on to find out more.
There are good news and bad news for companies sponsoring H1B applicants. For the next year’s submissions, companies will have to pre-register electronically and then file petitions for the annual H1B visa lottery.
In 2018-19 about 1.9 lakh migrants applied for a visa under the H1B visa program. About 60% of these applications were submitted by Indians. Some of the top hirers are TCS, Cognizant, Wipro and Infosys.
Online Submission of H1B Visa Petitions – The Pros and Cons
Documentation for the H1B visa application is exhaustive. Employers who place employees on an H1B visa at client sites face a lot of extra paperwork when filing this petition. Having to pre-register online will help the sponsoring companies save on a lot of administrative costs. This change has been approved by the US Office of Management and Budget.
Many applicants and sponsoring companies to feel that this move will give the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) more power over deciding which applications to approve and which to deny. They feel that the implementation of this new program along with the submission of information required in the Labor Certification Form may make the H1B visa lottery system a criteria-driven process instead of a random lottery.
- H1B Visa – Everything You Should Know
- India now 4th Largest Source of Illegal Immigrants in the USA
- New USCIS Policy Make it Easier To Deny H1B Visa Applications
- Fewer H1B Visa Applications by Indians Approved In 2017
- How to Apply for H1B Visa Extensions
- New Provisions Introduced for H1B Sponsors
- H1B Changes Announced in 2018 – A Complete List