A visitor who intends to enter Singapore as a tourist needs to obtain Singapore tourist visa. It is a short term visa that permits a visitor to stay for a limited period of time in Singapore.
The tourist visa is meant for those visitors who wish to visit Singapore for the purpose of tourism and leisure travel. It is also applicable to those visitors who want to visit Singapore to visit friends and relatives.
It is a single entry visa. The tourist visa does not allow the visa holder to carry out any kind of business activity while in Singapore.
Categories of Visitors for Singapore Tourist Visa
Visitors who want to obtain Singapore tourist visa to visit Singapore are divided into two categories based on their citizenship or the country that issues their passport. The two categories are –
- Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries: Visitors under this category are eligible to be issued e-Visa.
- Nationals of Assessment Level II Countries: Visitors under this category have to collect the paper visa sticker at Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) building or designated overseas missions if a visa application has been approved.
Assessment Level I Countries or Regions
Nationals belonging to the following nations or regions are categorised under Assessment Level I Countries or Regions.
|Georgia||Guinea||Holders of Hong Kong Document of Identity|
|Kyrgyzstan*||Moldova*||Macau Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit Holder|
|People's Republic of China||Sierra Leone||Tajikistan*|
|*Commonwealth of Independent States|
Assessment Level II Countries or Regions
Nationals belonging to the following nations or regions are categorised under Assessment Level II Countries or Regions.
Apart from nationals of the above mentioned countries, holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries are also considered under this category.
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore Tourist Visa
To be eligible for Singapore tourist visa you will have to fulfil the following conditions:
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must have a copy of your completed visa application form (Form 14A)
- You must have a copy of the Letter of Introduction for Visa Application (Form V39A) that has been issued by your local contact in Singapore. Your contact in Singapore must be a citizen of Singapore or a permanent resident of Singapore and must be at least 21 years of age. In case you do not have a local contact, you can approach your Embassy to issue a letter of introduction to support your visa application
- In case you provide a Letter of Introduction from your local contact in Singapore, you must provide a photocopy of the local contact’s Singapore Identity Card
- You must provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation, flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in Singapore
- You must provide proof of having confirmed tickets for your onward or return journey
- In case you provide proof of having tickets for onward journey, you must show evidence of having obtained entry facilities to your onward destination, e.g. visa
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your entire stay in Singapore and for your return transportation.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and must be free from any kind of contagious diseases
- You intend to leave Singapore at the end of your authorized stay
Steps to Follow to Apply for Singapore Tourist Visa
Before you apply for Singapore tourist visa, read the instructions to be followed for Singapore visa application and know about the processing time required for the visa to be issued.
You will have to check whether you need to apply for the visa online (e-visa) or apply for a paper visa. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the visa, you can go ahead with the following procedure:
For Online Visa Application
For online submission of application to obtain visa electronically you can visit https://save.ica.gov.sg/save-public/ and follow the instructions on the website. However, before you do that, please download and go through the user manual for Submission of Application for Visa Electronically (SAVE) first. Note that for online payment you will need a VISA or Mastercard Credit or Debit Card. You can also make online payment through eNETS.
For Paper Visa Application
To apply for a paper visa follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Download visa application form
You can download the Visa Application Form (Form 14A) from the internet. The visa application form is also available free of charge at all Singapore overseas missions (except for non-resident High Commissioners/Ambassadors based in Singapore).
Step 2: Fill out the visa application form
Fill the visa application form carefully and accurately. Remember to sign your application form after you finish filling up the details.
Step 3: Gather your documents
Make a check list of all the documents required for submission with your visa application. Get all the required documents, photocopies of all the documents and the visa application fee ready before you proceed further.
Step 4: Provide your photograph
Provide a recent colour passport-size photograph for your visa application form. You will have to paste it on the top right hand corner of the application form. Make sure that your photograph matches or corresponds to all the specifications required for visa photographs for Singapore tourist visa.
In any case, your photograph must not be more than 3 months old. You will need to submit one copy of your passport-size photograph along with your visa application form.
Step 5: Submit the visa application form
Submit your visa application form at the Singapore Embassy or Consulate or Visa Application Centre in your home country.
You can submit your application in person. In case you cannot come personally for the submission, you can send it through a travel agency or a visa agency for submission on your behalf. Collect acknowledgement receipt while submitting your visa application form.
You will be required to provide it at the time of collection of the visa.
Step 6: Pay the visa application fee
Pay the application fee and the service charge for your visa application at the time of submitting your application form. Check with the Singapore Embassy or Consulate regarding the current processing fee for the visa and the mode of payment accepted by them.
Step 7: Collect your visa
If your application for visa is approved, you will have to collect your visa from the Singapore Embassy or Consulate or the Visa Application Centre where you applied for the visa. Please carry your ID proof and acknowledgement receipt at the time of collection of your visa or authorize someone to collect it on your behalf.
Required Fees for Singapore Tourist Visa
Fees for Singapore Tourist Visa – SGD 30 (INR 1,384.66)
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your application for a tourist visa is refused or rejected for any reason or if you withdraw your application after submission.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates, which may change.
- The visa application fee is subject to change at any time.
Extension of Singapore Tourist Visa
You can extend your Singapore tourist visa if you want to stay longer than the period granted for your stay in your tourist visa. You will have to submit your application for visa extension either online via e-XTEND or through an application for extension to be submitted at the Visitor Services Centre (VSC) in the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) building.
You will be eligible for visa extension if you fulfil all the conditions for submission of application, as mentioned below.
- You did not previously seek or obtain an extension of visa on this trip
- You want to extend your stay for not more than 89days from the date of entry into Singapore
- Your tourist visa has a remaining validity of not less than 2 days, excluding Sundays and public holiday
- You will not return to Singapore within 5days from the departure date of your current trip
- You will require a local sponsor if you are seeking an extension of short term tourist visa to 89days from the date of entry or if you are a National or citizen of any of the countries mentioned below:
Apart from nationals of the above mentioned countries, holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, holders of Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and holders of Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries also require local sponsor for visa extension.
Note that your local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who is at least 21 years old with a SingPass account. For those without a SingPass account, apply for one via www.singpass.gov.sg. You will have to pay a fee for the visa extension.
Dos and Don’ts of Singapore Tourist Visa
You must remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Singapore tourist visa.
- Apply for a visitor visa at least a few weeks in advance of your planned travel date so that there is enough time for the application procedure to be completed on time
- Fill up your visa application form carefully with all accurate details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all the supporting documents when you come to submit your visa application form at the Application Centre
- All documents must be submitted on A4 size paper only
- Make sure that you provide any other document that may be demanded by the Singapore Embassy or Consulate to issue you a tourist visa
- Do not present false documents for your tourist visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application