- Citizens of 11 countries can visit Jordan without a visa
- Citizens of over 120 countries can get a Jordan tourist visa on arrival
- These visas allow the tourist to stay in Jordan for up to 1 month in a period of 6 months
Jordan is a country rich in history, culture and natural beauty. Citizens of some countries can travel to Jordan without a visa while citizens of most other countries can get a visa on arrival to Jordan. Read on to find out more.
Tourist Arrival In Jordan
|Number of Visitors||410,371||464,154||780,378|
From ancient cities to an expansive desert, there’s plenty to explore in Jordan. The country is home to warm, welcoming people and offers a rich cultural experience. In 2017, almost 4.2 million tourists visited Jordan to explore its culture and heritage. Tourism contributes to about 10% of Jordan’s GDP and hence the country has a welcoming visa policy.
Best Time To Visit Jordan
|Best Time to Visit||Best Time for Diving in Aqaba||Summer (June, July and August)||Winter (January)|
|Between March and May||September, October and early November.||Temperature - Can go above 40°C||Temperature - 5-10°C|
Why You Should Visit Jordan?
One of the top reasons people visit Jordan is to float on the Dead Sea and to snorkel in the Red Sea. For history buffs, the city of Petra is a must visit for its UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Jordan is also home to a number of monuments from the Roman Empire. For foodies, Jordan offers a wide variety of flavours and street foods.
Tourist Visa For Jordan – List Of 11 Visa Exempt Countries
Jordan welcomes tourists from across the world. Citizens of eleven countries can visit Jordan without a visa. The visa exempt countries include:
- Saudi Arabia
- The United Arab Emirates.
Citizens of Turkey, Lebanon and the Gulf Cooperation Council can stay in Jordan without a visa for up to 3 months during a period of 6 months.
Similarly, citizens of the Palestinian Authority and Egypt can stay in Jordan for one month during a period of 6 months.
Israelis can enter and exit Jordan multiple times and stay in the country for up to 1 month during a period of 6 months.
Citizens of other countries will need to apply in advance for a multiple entry visa.
While citizens of the above mentioned countries do not need a visa, they must have:
- A non-refundable return ticket to their country of origin
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the tourist’s intended duration of stay
- The passport must have at least 2 blank pages
- Lebanese and EU citizens arriving at the Aqaba airport from Brussels on a direct flight may use a valid identity card in lieu of a passport
Tourist Visa on Arrival For Jordan
Tourists from over 120 other countries
|Africa||Asia||Caribbean Sea||Europe||North America||Ocean Asia||Pacific Ocean||South America|
São Tomé and Príncipe
Palestine/ PNA Passport Holders
United Arab Emirates
|Saint Kitts and Nevis |
United Kingdom & North Ireland
United States of America
Antigua and Barbuda
Bahamas , Barbados
Trinidad and Tobago
|Argentina , Bolivia , Brazil , Chile , Ecuador , Guyana , Paraguay , Peru , Surinam , Uruguay, Venezuela.
Citizens of most of these countries can get a visa on arrival if they have a residence permit issued by an EEA member state, Switzerland, Australia, GCC Member States, Japan, Canada or South Korea or a permanent resident card issued by the USA.
These permits should be valid for at least 6 months and the tourist must have a non-refundable return ticket.
People from some other countries like Nigeria may get a visa on arrival for medical treatment if they are younger than 15 years or older than 50 years.
A visa on arrival allows the holder to stay in Jordan for up to 1 month. Tourists may be given an extension of 60 days on this visa. For this, they must register themselves with the Jordanian police station before their 1-month time limit expires. To extend one’s stay, an HIV/AIDS test is also usually required.
Cost of Jordan Tourist Visa
|Type of Visa||Cost|
|Single entry visa valid for 1 month||40 JD|
|Double entry visa for 3 months||60 JD|
|Multiple entry visa for 6 months||120 JD|
Tourist Visa for Jordan – Documents Required
Citizens of some countries may still need to apply for a tourist visa in advance. Documents required for this visa are:
- A valid Passport
- This must be valid for at least 6 months after the intended visit
- The passport must have at least 1 blank page – endorsement or amendment pages may not be used
- The passport must not be torn, frayed, separated or altered in any way
- One recent colour passport photograph
- The photograph should have been taken within the last 3 months
- The passport should be printed on high-quality photo paper
- The photograph should have been taken against a white background
- The applicant’s face must be clearly visible
- The applicant must have a neutral expression
- The applicant should not be wearing glasses or headwear except those used for religious purposes
- The photograph must not be damaged in any way by staples, glue, tape etc.
- Completed Visa Application
- The visa form must be completed honestly
- All points must be answered
- The applicant’s full name must be entered as it appears on his/her passport
- The application must be signed
- The applicant’s passport photograph must not be attached to the application
The application and supporting documents must be submitted at the Jordanian Consulate. It usually takes 3-15 days to be processed.
- How To Get A Tourist Visa For Egypt?
- How to apply for Morocco Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for Lebanon Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for Dubai / UAE Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for Israel Tourist Visa
- Everything You Need to Know About Work Visa for Egypt
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Egypt
- 10 Best Places To Visit In Jordan
- Top 10 Countries Where You Can Immigrate and Settle Easily
- 9 Countries Indians Can Easily Get Permanent Residency