Asians in the USA are set to conquer the world and they are the fastest-growing ethnic group in the country. This finding is based on the Census conducted last year by the US Census Bureau.
The detailed data of the census was released on the 12th of August 2021. The new data released points out that the population growth in the US during the last decade was driven totally by the minority sections living within the country.
Read: Migrate to America: The 5 Immigrant Visa Categories
Asians In The USA – Let The Numbers Speak
The number of Asians living in the USA rose to 24 Million in the year 2020 thereby dominating the rest of the racial groups living in the country.
- Number of Asian Americans – 24 Million in the year 2020
- Higher than any other ethnic groups in the USA
- Among these 20 Million identified as Asians
- More than 4 Million identified as a combination of Asian and another ethnic group
- This adds up to 7.2% of the total population
- At a total of 35.5% of the total population, the Asian are the fastest-growing ethnic group
- The total number of Asian- Americans in the USA was 17,320,856 in the year 2010
- This was according to the census carried out in the USA in 2010
Read: US Immigration Through Investment – Can Investment Helps Get A Green Card?
Hawaiians And Other Pacific Islanders
Some people identify themselves as native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders totally or in combination with another ethnic group living in the USA.
- The Hawaiians/other Pacific Islanders alone or in combination with another racial group constitutes 0.5% of the total population in the USA
Decline Of Non-Hispanic White-Americans
The findings also show a decline in the number of white- Americans living in the USA for the first time since the nation was formed on the 4th of July 1776.
- The tremendous decline in the number of white-Americans
- White-Americans (Non-Hispanic) is now less than 58%of the total population in the USA
- This is based on the census taken in 2020 by the US Census Bureau
- The first time that the whites have gone below 60% of the total population since the formation of the USA in 1776
- In the year 2000, the total number of whites were above 69% of the population
- This means there has been a decline of over 11% within the last two decades
- In 2010 the percentage of white- Americans was around 63.7%
According to Nicholas Jones (Director of race, ethnicity, and outreach of the Population Division of the US Census Bureau), the current population in the USA is much more multi-racial and ethnically and racially diverse when compared to the census data taken in the past.
Read: Understanding The Demographics Of Indian Americans – Some Interesting Stats
Population Growth Rate In The USA
The rate of population growth in the USA has declined over the years.
- During the last decade, the overall population has grown by 7.4%
- The total population in the US is now 331 Million
The growth rate of population in the USA is now the slowest since the 1930s
- 9 Countries Indians Can Easily Get Permanent Residency
- Asian Immigrants in Canada – Interesting Facts
- Spike In The Number Of Immigrants Getting US Citizenship
- Can You Pass This US Citizenship Test?